The Benefits of Thermal Imaging Surveys
Thermal Imaging Surveys save on costs, as the specific area leaking can be located through thermographic inspection and thus repaired without having to disrupt the rest of the roof or replace the roof unnecessarily.
- Cost savings; leaks, missing or slipped insulation, electrical problems, damp zones and thermal bridging, can all be detected without having to disrupt the property.
- Cost savings on energy bills once the Infrared Thermographer has established and demonstrated where heat energy is escaping and where drafts are getting in.
- Accurate mapping through thermographic inspection, providing intelligence on the makeup of the clients property/ structure; roof, walls, ceiling, floor, basement, etc..
- Pre-emptive diagnostics through thermographic inspection and visual inspection; information on where things could go wrong before they do.
- The ability to note areas of potential concern and monitor areas of deterioration via non invasive thermographic inspection.
This is the ceiling above a heated pool room taken during a thermal imaging survey. The dark line running across the ceiling shows the rain water pipe behind the plasterboard. We poured cold water down the drains on the roof and used the thermal imaging camera to detect the temperature change in the pipes within the ceiling thus helping us locate the pathology of the leak. (Left)
This thermal imaging survey still shows the point of leak and the direction of the water run off. Here we have a leak through the caulking in the collar of a rain pipe beneath the ceiling. The water damage on the ceiling was barely visible with the naked eye. Thermal imaging surveys are extremely effective in finding water leaks. (Right)